httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: apreq-2 layout
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:53:05 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> consider:
>
> use Apache::Request;
>
> assuming that the apreq lib is self-contained in Apache::Request, and
> otherwise is not loaded at compile time.

Yeah, that could be bad.

[...]

> e.g. httpd decides to adopt apreq for input filters. mod_perl uses a
> standalone apreq. Here you have to libs colliding.

Eww, yuck.

[...]

> True, this could be changed later. But I see no reason why not do it
> in first place. In any case, whatever you decide is fine for now.

I am hoping to build just one libapreq-2 library that can be
loaded (or linked) into different environments.  For the specific
case of httpd-2, in env/ I am cobbling together an apache module
that will initialize the global struct at server startup,
and would also register the necessary filter.  "libapreq" would
be initialized within the server long before perl sees
"use Apache::Request", which instead of loading libapreq, might
notify "mod_apreq" to engage the apreq_filter.

Basically what I'm saying right now is that, in my mind,
there is no "stand alone" version of apreq-2.  However,
you've raised some issues I've overlooked.  It certainly
needs more consideration.

--
Joe Schaefer