httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject apreq-2 uploads as bucket brigades?
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 16:46:30 GMT

I'd like to drop the req->upload linked list of temp files,
and use bucket brigades in their place.  I'd planning to
use a common apreq_param_t struct which extends apreq_value_t
like so:

struct apreq_param_t {
    enum { ASCII, UTF_8, UTF_16, IS0_LATIN_1 } charset;
    char                *language;
    apreq_table_t       *info;  /* mime headers */

    apr_bucket_brigade  *bb;    /* represents file contents */

    apreq_value_t        v;
};

The main advantage of this approach would be that we can use
the full bucket api for managing the upload data.  The brigade
could use heap-allocated buckets for smaller uploads, and then
switch over to mmapped or file buckets after a certain size.
The bucket API makes this look pretty easy.

The main disadvantage of this approach would be that we'd need
to support the full bucket api for managing the upload.
With actual files, seek(), dup(), link(), and buffered read()
are natural operations.  I think we'd have to provide a
compatibility layer for some of these, perhaps using a
meta-bucket at the front of the brigade?

--
Joe Schaefer