httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: cvs tagged as v1_1 (was Re: 1.1_rc4)
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:12:29 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
> [...]
> > Instead of making another repository on cvs.apache.org,
> > I'm going to create an apreq-2/ directory within our current
> > cvs, and then start dumping stuff into apreq-2/.
>
> That's probabably a bad idea, at least for a reason that if you have
> Makefile.PL in apreq-2 (later) the root dir's Makefile.PL will process
> the sub-dir's one as well.

Problem noted- thanks for pointing it out.

> I don't see any reason why not to create a whole new rep, like all
> other projects do. Unless you plan to have this one only temporary
> till the destiny of apreq2 is cleared up.

That's my plan: to make apreq-2/ (for now) a *temporary*
location for apreq-2 development.  The directory structure I
have in mind looks something like this:

  apreq-2/

        httpd/       (server support for apreq-2)

        c/           (libapreq-2.X.X  ???)
        perl/        (stuff that should be in mod_perl-2)
        tcl/         (...)
        php/
        python/
        java/

The apreq-2 directory shouldn't have a Makefile.PL
to worry about, and I don't plan to put anything
into any of the "language" directories right now;
just in httpd/.

> Also would be nice to have the name consistent with httpd-2.0,
> modperl-2.0... => apreq-2.0.

We'll certainly do that at the right time.  I don't think
we're there yet, though.  IMO, the level of core support
we can rely on for 2.x, needs to be *explicit* before then.

Based on dev@'s recent history regarding code contributions,
I see no reason to expect them to accomodate us.  "Good faith"
isn't a word I would attach to their decision regarding
Jon Travis' HTML parser.

Alternatively, I could put cvs repository inside my apache
home directory, but I don't know how to make that available
through anoncvs.  Is that a possibility?

--
Joe Schaefer