httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: cvs tagged as v1_1 (was Re: 1.1_rc4)
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 02:31:38 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> We all agree that waiting for httpd people to give a grace is a complete
> waste of time. I suggest that we ask Brian Behlendorf to create the
> apreq-2.0 repository and start working there. It's important for
> preserving the history of changes. I see no reason why not to do it
> *now*. Having a repository doesn't mean having a production version of
> the code.

Yes, agreed- that would be best.  Unfortunately, according to
/home/cvs/README, the first step in creating a new cvs repository is:

  (a) Get permission from your PMC. The PMC must approve the addition
  of any repository and should be contacted through the normal means.

That puts us back at square one, since (I think) our PMC is httpd.
I haven't yet lowered my self-esteem enough to now beg them for a
new repository to begin our work.

If there's a way to make things happen within our existing
repository, that'd be a lot less painful for me to endure.
At least then, it's just technical obstacles that we will face.

--
Joe Schaefer