httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: apreq-2 uploads as bucket brigades?
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:54:06 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> Performance is one reason.  If we don't *need* apreq to use the OS's
> filesystem for spooling, we shouldn't.  We can leave that up to the
> application, but we could make it easy for them to pretend uploads
> are always files by providing things like

>   apreq_upload_link(apreq_upload_t *upload)
>   apreq_upload_seek(apreq_upload_t *upload)

> instead of just handing them a *FILE pointer to play with.

Forgive me if I haven't been following as closely as I should, but
would it still be possible to get ahold of a FILE* somehow?  FILE*'s
can be passed to Tcl to create new file handles, and this is something
that I feel is useful, because it gives you a really simple API for
dealing with smaller files, even if it's not terribly efficient.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/