httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: cvs tagged as v1_1 (was Re: 1.1_rc4)
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 02:31:02 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> We have offered to do whatever changes required to get the lib into the
> core. However the idea wasn't accepted. So it'd be silly to spend time
> on something that won't help the library to get accepted into the core,
> because there are so many other things that still weren't ported to 2.0.
>
> Therefore currently the goal is to complete the library porting to 2.0,
> so the glues for other languages could be written. If I undestand well
> what you are offerring, this can happen internally without affecting the
> external API. So if anybody is interested in doing a further layering
> (because they have the need for it or just for fun) they are welcome to
> do so, once the new repository is created and populated.

Theoretically, you are right. But practically - no.

For example: There are functions that should belong to the lower layer,
but currently get request_rec as a parameter.

So the separation that I'm talking about, is not only internal.

However, I still believe that it is not too complex.

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it