httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Geisler <sgeis...@aeccom.com>
Subject Re: segfault in Apache::Upload::fh with libapreq 1.1rc2
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:24:11 GMT
Hi Joe,

good news:

Am Son, 2003-01-05 um 21.46 schrieb Joe Schaefer:
> Sven Geisler <sgeisler@aeccom.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Yes, I use a UPLOAD_HOOK to get information during the upload - like
> > the transparent_hook example in the doc. I use the same function with
> > libapreq 1.0 with no problems.
>
> It's probably the new PerlIO stuff in 5.8 that's breaking your
> upload_hook.  I just put together rc3 and put it online at
>
>   http://www.apache.org/~joes/libapreq-1.1_rc3.tar.gz
>
> Please give it a try and see if you still get segfaults.

There is no segfault with my second described scenario - segfault with
the next request. This is fixed by the new version.
The first scenario - segfault with no uploaded file - is still in this
version.

I add my little patch to Request.xs to prevent this segfault. I attached
the diff file for Request.xs.

The call apreq->upload returns a list with empty uploads. I use MSIE 5.2
(Mac), Mozilla 1.2 (linux) and MSIE 6.0 (W2K) with the same result.
It look to me that the empty parts will be attached to the upload list.

Sven.