httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject [proposal/vote] OS X support
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 14:15:44 GMT

For the good of the project and our existing users, I think we
should press forward with a release of libapreq-1.1.  I consider
our efforts to engender community support for Apache::Request
on OS X to be failures.

I've removed the experimental OS X code from

  http://www.apache.org/~joes/

Based on user feedback, the C API for our current release
candidate (rc1), appears to build and install cleanly on
OS X (via ./configure).

As I see it, the remaining obstacles for a new 1.1 release are

  1) patches for our broken test suite on Win32,
  2) updates to the README, INSTALL, CREDITS, Changes, and ToDo documents,
  3) another vote to approve a release and persuade Jim to work his magic.

People interested in furthering apreq development should
vote on the following

ITEM:

  Let's offer support for libapreq on OS X, but not
  for the mod_perl API.

 +1: AGREED, lets go.
  0: Don't really care.
 -1: NO, and I will work to fix this problem RIGHT NOW.

Voting ends in 72 hours.

I'm +1.