httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [proposal/vote] OS X support]
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:34:03 GMT
David Wheeler <david@wheeler.net> writes:

> Howdy,
>
> Stas Bekman asked me to forward this message that I sent to a
> collection of Mac OS X libapreq  users identified by Nat Torkington.
> The upshot is that those of us who use mod_perl on Mac OS X regularly
> *really* want libapreq to support Mac OS X. And it's basically there;
> it seems to work fine on Mac OS X 10.2.2. And Ken Williams and I are
> happy to do test compiles and help out where we can getting the kinks
> out with Mac OS X 10.1.

What we really need is

  1) a set of prerequisites for OS X, (apache version, compiler version,
     OS version, modperl version, etc.)

  2) accompanying documentation that describes the installation process

I'd be happy to upgrade the experimental server patches to 1.1 and
bundle them into the libapreq distribution.  I'd also be happy to
include any documentation the OS X community wishes to provide for
installing Apache::Request and Apache::Cookie.  However, I will not
do that work for you.  I'll offer any technical assistance that I can,
just as I did when Randy Kobes ported libapreq, Apache::Request, and
Apache::Cookie to Win32.

httpd-apreq development does not follow the benevolent-dictator model.
It's an ASF project, and as such the committers are free to scratch
whatever itches suit them.  We collectively support the code, and expect
users to drive innovation.

None of the current committers have expressed any interest in making
Apache::Request + Apache::Cookie work on OS X.  We've got the C API
for libapreq working fairly well, though.  And we're satisfied with that.

--
Joe Schaefer