httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: configure scripts broken
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 04:44:29 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> burnside@kattare.com writes:
>
> > LoadModule perl_module        libexec/libperl.so
> >
> >   Which tells it to look in the apache root /usr/local/apache, then
> > works relative from there.  If I'm not mistaken, this is also the
> > recommended mode of operation regarding DSO modules.
> >
> >   To get the apreq compile to work I had to change it to:
> >
> > LoadModule perl_module        /usr/local/apache/libexec/libperl.so
> >
> >     So that's about the gist of it.  I don't know what the fix is, but
> > I think you probably just have to add a check for 'apache-root +
> > perl_module' to the current check for 'perl_module'.  If that makes
> > sense?
>
> It makes sense, thanks for the details.  Stay tuned...

Have you tried moving your

  ServerRoot /usr/local/apache

line around in httpd.conf?  I think it needs to be above the LoadModule
directive in order to use a relative path for perl_module.

In any case, I don't see how this would make the slightest
difference in libapreq's *compilation*,  which was one of
the problems listed in an earlier post (bad Apache::src
=> no typemap for Apache::Table => Request.xs build fails).

Does anybody else know what's going on here?

--
Joe Schaefer