httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: segfaults with libaprep1.1 and perl 5.8
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:11:14 GMT
Sven Geisler <sgeisler@aeccom.com> writes:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I would like to support you and fix the problem.
> "What can I do?" means also how can I find the bug, are there hidden
> information to this kind of segfault?

It's tricky-  search the mod_perl list's archive (~8 months ago?) for
a conversation between Doug MacEachern and Andrew Koenig
regarding these segfaults.  Their discussion is also on
the perl5.porters list (IIRC, the p5p discussion has more info
than the mod_perl archives).  This segfault was affecting
PAUSE; I don't know how Mr. Koenig resolved it.

Doug put together a few patches, and I applied one of them to apreq
last month, but I don't know if it was the correct fix.

Please keep the apreq-dev list informed regarding your progress.
It'd really help if you posted the particulars of your situation
to apreq-dev, so at least we'd have a detailed record.  If you've
compiled perl5.8.0 with ithread support, you might try disabling
that and see if the segfaults disappear.

Good luck, and thanks for the help!

--
Joe Schaefer