httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Re: 1.1rc2 was (Re: [Fwd: Re: [proposal/vote] OS X support])
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 23:59:42 GMT
On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 04:01  AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Sure, that's fine.  rc-2 is online at
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/~joes/libapreq-1.1_rc2.tar.gz
>
> I put the patch in /patches.  Check out patches/README for details,
> and be sure to test everything out.  I did not test the patch myself,
> so it's likely broken.

I'll work on that shortly. For now, I'm writing the instructions for
building apreq on Mac OS X 10.2. It works great for Apple's default
Apache install except for one thing: The test httpd server doesn't
start properly. Here's the error I get in t/error_log:

Syntax error on line 67 of /usr/local/src/httpd-apreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
Can't locate loadable object for module Apache::Request in @INC (@INC
contains: blib/arch /usr/local/src/httpd-apreq-1.1/blib/lib
/usr/local/src/httpd-apreq-1.1/t/lib /usr/local/bricolage/lib
/Users/david/dev/perl/myco/classes /System/Library/Perl/darwin
/System/Library/Perl /Library/Perl/darwin /Library/Perl
/Network/Library/Perl/darwin /Network/Library/Perl . /usr/
/usr/lib/perl) at /System/Library/Perl/darwin/mod_perl.pm line 14

FWIW, if I go ahead and do "make install" and *then* do "make test",
all of the tests pass. So I'm guessing that something's wonky in
finding the object files before they're installed.

As I mentioned before, it works fine with my custom Apache/mod_perl
build, including the tests.

I should have the INSTALL.MacOSX file done in a couple of hours. If you
have any feedback on this issue, I'll be happy to roll it in.

Regards,

David

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e