httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: HANDLE from FILE on windows
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:47:10 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

> First off... with Apache 2.0 all of these problems go away (we told
> you there was a reason to upgrade :-) The apr_os_file_get() fn will
> turn any apr_file_t into a win32 handle, or a Unix fd, or whatnot on
> another platform.

We'll get to it when we get to it.  Meanwhile... I want to try and
stabilize things on windows as much as possible.  If you want to help
(more than you have already by providing lots of useful info), more
committers are welcome;-)

We're also waiting on apreq to be completely ok for 2.0.

> IIRC, you are doing the 1.3 thing.  That reference is correct for
> turning the fd into a HANDLE, but that isn't what you wanted.  The
> full syntax, as demonstrated in
> apache-1.3/src/main/http_main.c(6719) is;

>   FILE *file;
>   HANDLE hFile;
>   hFile = (HANDLE)_get_osfhandle(fileno(file));
>
> Yes, the cast is needed because _get_osfhandle is defined to return
> a long, iirc.  Best of luck.

Sure, but it says to not actually use it for anything...  Should we
disregard that?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/