httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: apreq-2
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:44:39 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:

> The dev@httpd feedback we got was IMO lukewarm about incorporating that
> patch into the httpd distribution.  They'd be far more excited about a
> filter-based implementation, and the general consensus on apreq-dev
> was to follow that recommendation.  For more info, consult the August &
> September 2002 list archives at
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/mail/apreq-dev/

I remember that thread (though didn't follow/read it).

By the way, it will be really great to integrate the mechanism of input
filters with apreq. Moreover, it was my opinion even before Aug.-Sep.

On the other hand, if it delays the official release, then it isn't so
great anymore. And maybe even should be given out (I don't have a clear
opinion).

> > I wish you (and me) that the core developers of httpd will agree to
> > include it in the standard source tree (at least as "experimental");
> > this is its place!
>
> That's the plan.  If you'd like to help out, stay tuned
> to the list :-).

I do.

--
Eli Marmor