httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: set_temp_dir ?
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:21:04 GMT
davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> It seems as if my test was broken - I didn't have the final
> "$boundary--".  It would still be nice if it didn't corrupt
> the data because of that, but oh well...

Six of one, half-dozen of the other :-)

Once we leave the confines of the RFCs, it's
hard to prioritize which type of behavior is "worse".
Looking forward, it might be better for apreq-2 parsers
to just raise a passive error on similar RFC violations,
and let somebody else (content handler, downstream input
filter, etc.) figure out what to do with the mangled POST
data.

--
Joe Schaefer