httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject [apreq-2] cookie value as opaque string
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:30:46 GMT

For apreq-2 I'm considering a change to the apreq_cookie_t
struct.  Instead of parsing a cookie's value(s) into
an apr_array, I think it may be better to treat the cookie
value(s) as an encoded character string with get/set
accessors (ie function pointers).  In other words, just
leave the cookie's value unparsed until someone actually
wants it.

The reason I'm not satisfied with our current cookie code
is that our encoding/decoding stuff is not based on standards,
but rather on (very common) conventions- the same conventions
used in perl's CGI::Cookie module.  However, I'd rather make the
apreq_cookie_t struct flexible enough to support other
value-encoding(/decoding) schemes, and have apreq_cookie just
treat our current stuff as the default encoding/decoding.

Is this idea worth pursuing, or not?

--
Joe Schaefer