httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq Makefile.PL
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 06:29:10 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Apache::Test is designed to work with Apache 1.3 and 2.0. Meaning that
> you can use the same tests suite for both Apache::Request versions. So
> using the old framework might be not as good as the new one...

I agree, but it was simple enough to just move the modperl-1
tests over.  I had some trouble getting the Apache::Tests to
run on my box, so I just copied over the tests from modperl-1.
( Apache::Test kept reusing my modperl-2 test settings in
Apache::BuildConfig. I couldn't figure out how to get around this. )

> The only problem with automatic testing is that those who test don't
> have Apache::Test installed.

It does simplify the module dependencies though,
since Apache::test comes with modperl-1.x.

--
Joe Schaefer