httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq Makefile.PL
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:08:40 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:

[...]

> > I agree, but it was simple enough to just move the modperl-1
> > tests over.  I had some trouble getting the Apache::Tests to
> > run on my box, so I just copied over the tests from modperl-1.
> > ( Apache::Test kept reusing my modperl-2 test settings in
> > Apache::BuildConfig. I couldn't figure out how to get around this. )
>
> You could have asked at the httpd-test mailing list. I believe in the
> long run it's better to rely on something that works with both
> versions.  This gives us a better code reuse.

Yes, in the non-short run.  However, right now my immediate
concern is to put together a 1.1 release candidate that

  1) has a functional test suite
  2) includes support for OS X.
  3) has no support for modperl-2, yet.

I'd like to have that ready this weekend, so I can notify the
modperl lists and macosx lists.  Once we get the green light
from some users/testers, we can tag & roll a 1.1 release.

After that, I'm all for moving efforts to including modperl-2
support, including replacing Apache::test with Apache::Test.

[...]

> Apache::Test comes with 2.0 and eventually it'll be distributed
> separately. So what we will do is simply make a dependancy rule in
> Makefile.PL and this will force the testers to install Apache::Test on
> their machine. I guess we should do this right now.

No, I'd prefer to *not* do that until *after* a 1.1 release.

--
Joe Schaefer