httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [Jost.Krieger+smokeback@ruhr-uni-bochum.de: FAIL libapreq-1.0 sun4-solaris 2.8]
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 21:16:35 GMT
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Issac Goldstand wrote:

> [...]
[ .. ]

> It looks like the APACHE_SRC wasn't correctly specified - not liek a
> platform-specific bug...  Am I missing something?
>
>   Issac

The automated testing machines don't typically have external
packages like Apache on them, at least in locations that are
searched by default. At one point I thought that there was talk
of changing the script used to generate these reports so that it
would abort if it couldn't find things like header files or
libraries at the 'make' stage, but I guess that wasn't done. I
think, at least with some latter versions of the script, that if
you die at the 'perl Makefile.PL' stage if Apache and/or mod_perl
can't be found that no report will be sent.

--
best regards,
randy kobes