httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: origins of variables - GET or POST?
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 01:04:48 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> > Some of the developers on the Rivet list were asking after a
> > feature - the ability to specify the origins of a particular
> > variable - i.e. GET or POST.  While everyone is in agreement that
> > good programming doesn't get you into a situation where you have
> > to differentiate between the two, I can see that it may be useful
> > to people.

> What sort of usage did you have in mind?  Do you want to
> a way of differentiating the query string params from the
> POST data params?

Exactly - the example cited on the Rivet list was that of a page
accepting input via both POST and GET, and wanting to specify that a
variable be retrieved from one or the other:

        var -querystring get foobar

        returns the value of 'foobar' as a GET variable.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/