httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq Makefile.PL
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:44:37 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>

>>Apache::Test is designed to work with Apache 1.3 and 2.0. Meaning that
>>you can use the same tests suite for both Apache::Request versions. So
>>using the old framework might be not as good as the new one...
>

> I agree, but it was simple enough to just move the modperl-1
> tests over.  I had some trouble getting the Apache::Tests to
> run on my box, so I just copied over the tests from modperl-1.
> ( Apache::Test kept reusing my modperl-2 test settings in
> Apache::BuildConfig. I couldn't figure out how to get around this. )

You could have asked at the httpd-test mailing list. I believe in the
long run it's better to rely on something that works with both versions.
This gives us a better code reuse.

>>The only problem with automatic testing is that those who test don't
>>have Apache::Test installed.
>

> It does simplify the module dependencies though,
> since Apache::test comes with modperl-1.x.

Apache::Test comes with 2.0 and eventually it'll be distributed
separately. So what we will do is simply make a dependancy rule in
Makefile.PL and this will force the testers to install Apache::Test on
their machine. I guess we should do this right now.