httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Microsoft Bug Work around
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:07:47 GMT
"T.J. Mather" <tjmather@maxmind.com> writes:

> I have included a patch that is a work around for (what I think may be)
> a bug in Microsoft's XMLHTTP method.  Basically Microsoft's code does not
> set a Content-type when sending a POST request, so as a workaround,
> I have set it to DEFAULT_ENCTYPE when Content-type is not set.

Are you certain this is a bug in Microsoft's XMLHTTP method?  The
HOWTO on Microsoft's website:

  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q290591&

basically says that clients must set the Content-Type header explicitly.

I'm reluctant to commit this patch as a workaround, without hard evidence
of a bug in MS's software that prevents the client from POSTing this
header.

OTOH, we *could* apply the patch as an act of DWIMery, but I won't
do that without seeing more opinions from other apreq users.

--
Joe Schaefer