httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: dev question: apreq 2 as a filter?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 06:10:15 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

[...]

> as you can see the input filter that saw the body was invoked *after*
> the response phase has finished. So my question was, how to force the
> connection filter to request the next brigades which include the body,
> if nobody else does that. This part can be very tricky if you understand
> what I mean. I hope Bill can see the problem here, unless I miss something.

I see the problem.  However, don't we have the exact same problem
with the current code?  I mean, if the reported Content-Length is
too big, WE don't attempt to read any POST data.  We also give up
if we've accumulated too much data.

In the 1.3-ish past, I'd assumed that the proper course of action for
these situations was to instruct apache to shut down the
connection.  Otherwise (say with keepalives on) the client will
send the post data and apache will treat it as a new, malformed
http request.