httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: dev question: apreq 2 as a filter?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:10:04 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> writes:

[...]

> Second, you must do this call before you actually begin request processing,
> e.g. at the very beginning of your handler, or better yet, back in the
> pre-handler
> processing phases.  All filters that need apreq data will have to do so in the
> pre-handler phases or in the insert_filter phase.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

> The filter's apreq_capture() function itself can do all the prep work and take
> the responsibility off of the handler/other filters.
>
> >>The next thing the content-handler does is call apreq_request_parse
> >>(implicitly or explicitly).  Its only job is to pull all the data buckets
> >>through the input filters.  The content-handler will block here until
> >>apreq_request_parse's job is done.
>
> This should be an optional phase.  In the usual case, simply consuming the
> post data through ap_get_brigade will have the very same effect.

Agreed.

[...]

> >output filter? you mean input, no? apreq can play only as request input
> >filter.
>
> Correct.

Actually I am referring to the nut that uses apreq everywhere,
and wants to use an output filter to pretty-print the already-parsed
apreq data at the bottom of every page.  Given the number of people
that complain on the modperl list that Apache::Request has "lost" the
post data in their stacked content handlers, do we really want to
exclude this possibility?

--
Joe Schaefer