httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: libapreq and Apache 2.0
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:35:37 GMT
Steve Sapovits <sapovitss@gsicommerce.com> writes:

> I'm trying to use mod_perl with Apache 2.0.  Pretty good success so
> far, but one package I'm using wants Apache::Cookie which requires
> a build of libapreq.  That fails with lots of compilation errors,
> which I see others have encountered when I search the net.  One of
> those threads mentioned development code being posted to this list.
> I'd like to try that if that's the case ...  I can't find any pointers
> to that code via the searches I did.
>
> Any other ideas/approaches appreciated.  That would include rolling
> back to Apache 1.3 for a while if that makes sense.

For the immediate future (being the pessimist that I am, probably thru
the remainder of the year),  you'll need to use 1.3.  Right now we are
fleshing out the particulars of the underlying C API; no work on the
modperl interface will likely begin until we have the C interface
squared away.

We're hoping to get libapreq bundled into apache-2 itself, which
will lead to the Apache::Request and Apache::Cookie modules being
included in modperl-2.

--
Joe Schaefer