httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: dev question: apreq 2 as a filter?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:07:44 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Joe Schaefer <joe@sunstarsys.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>>I think the apreq filter can/should operate in a completely
>>transparent way, since all it has to do is read a copy of the buckets
>>into the apreq_list _as the upstream_ _filters dictate_.  Every time
>>our filter is invoked, it can make a stab at parsing the apreq_list
>>data, so the list should never get very big.
>

> Um, you may need to s/upstream/downstream/g in everything I wrote in
> the aforementioned post.  It'd be nice if what I write actually matched
> the picture in my head :-)

The things that I see weird about this is that the normal filter is not
supposed to call ap_get_brigade more than once. our apreq_ filter calls
ap_get_brigade more than once, because if it doesn't, there is no way to
consume the data (the response handler) will usually not ask for the raw
body. So apreq_ is really a semi-filter, since it acts as a filter and
consumer at the same time.

Not sure why have you added a note about s/upstream/downstream/g, any
filter cares only about the upstream filter (which may block), because
that's where the data is coming from. it passes through the data to the
downstream filter, but it doesn't care about it.