httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: dev question: apreq 2 as a filter?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 06:52:45 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 11:38 PM 8/24/2002, Joe Schaefer wrote:

>> I'd rather the apreq filter behaved like a block-buffered filter would.
>> AFAICT mod_deflate doesn't consume the whole body before passing it
>> along,  so why do you think we need to?
> No, we don't need the whole body.  The idea of pre-fetching 8kb, 16kb or
> even 64kb is so that the variables are know up-front.  If someone needs
> more, they simply need to call ap_get_brigade again until they have the
> content they need.  And then it's their job to set aside the content for
> the
> next upstream filter or the final handler destination.

What happens if you have a form with big input values, so that (e.g.)
the last key/value won't feet into 8/16/64k. So when you call
$r->params() (which is supposed to return all keys) you won't be able to
get them all, meaning that you really have to suck the whole data in,
before you know whether you have all the keys or not.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message