httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Non-listing of the project?
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2002 19:04:01 GMT
[ccing the site-dev list because it looks broader than just apreq]

Jim Winstead wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 10:11:56AM -0400, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >
> > First off, I find that they're under httpd-dist/docs/apreq/ rather
> > than httpd-dist/apreq/ as I would expect.  Is there a reason for
> > this and/or would anyone object to my moving them out from under
> > the 'docs' directory?
>
> actually, i believe the correct files to modify are in
> httpd-site/xdocs/apreq, and then the ./build.sh script is run to
> generate (copy) the httpd-site/docs/apreq from there. people more
> involved with httpd-site maintenance should know for sure.

I'm just concerned that there's a mismatch here.  The test, docs-project,
and apreq projects all have subdirectories at httpd-site/ *and* at
httpd-site/docs/.  Only the latter actually contain any files.  Since
the httpd-site/docs/ directory contains a bunch o' stuff specific to
the HTTP server main project, and its documentation in particular, I think
what happened is that the other projects got cloned from the docs-project,
which wasn't initially set up to share the tree with anyone else.

> i don't see anything related to apreq in httpd-dist. the current apreq
> pages show up at httpd.apache.org/apreq/ as i'd expect, so i don't
> believe they're in the wrong place.

You're probably not seeing the httpd-site/apreq directory because
you have -P on your cvs update options; it gets pruned since it's
empty.

I don't mind all the source files being at httpd-site/xdocs/* (although
I think the 'docs' and 'xdocs' names are now become confusing), but
I think the generated files should be located up one level.  That is,
httpd-site/xdocs/apreq/* produces httpd-site/apreq/*.  Perhaps the
docs and xdocs directories should be renamed to xml and html,
respectively -- then the level difference wouldn't be so weird.  Having
everything (including main project files) live under 'docs' is, IMHO,
a bit confusing and not entirely appropriate.

Any road, until this is hammered out on the site-dev list, I'll
work within the current framework and hook in the apreq project
page.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"