httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: apreq-2 patches
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 02:49:19 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> Bodo Bellut wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> >>Patches for current httpd-2.0, httpd-test are available:
> >>
> >>  http://www.apache.org/~joes/httpd-2.0.patch
> >>  http://www.apache.org/~joes/httpd-test.patch
> >

> > Does anyone here have patched modperl2 to include the additional
> > bindings?
>
> Don't expect this to happen before the destiny of apreq2 is known. If
> apreq2 becomes a part of httpd-core,

I don't know exactly what you mean by "part of http-core", but my
hope is that apreq is bundled with apache-2 in a way similar to the
patch.  AFAICT, this is just like the (optional) expat interface
built into apache-1.

> the "bindings" will be in the modperl-core.

I am skeptical about mod_perl being able to generate context-sensitive
perl subs like Apache::Request::param.  I'm sure we'll need to write
*something* (actually I expect we'll need to rewrite *most* of
Request.xs and Cookie.xs).

--
Joe Schaefer