httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: apreq-2 patches
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:43:08 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>>I cannot understand one thing. Why are we trying to argue in the
>>direction of keeping it as a separate package, where we probably need to
>>think of undeniable arguments why httpd-core wants to absorb apreq :)
>

> Partially for playing the devil's advocate, but mainly so I better
> understand exactly where you want the C part of apreq to go.

;)

> If I
> understand you correctly,  the current location that the httpd-2 patch
> uses (in /modules/apreq), isn't good enough.  If this is so, can you
> tell me, specifically, where the apreq*.[ch] files should go?

it's fine with me. The problem is that you cannot just tell users to
unpack the tar in /modules, because you also have to modify /Makefile.in

If eventually apreq will stay a standalone package, I believe it'll have
to be standalone for all purposes, i.e. it doesn't require httpd source.
meaning that you've to provide your own build system. And it's a big pain.