httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Bit of confusion..
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:04:59 GMT
Joshua Moore-Oliva wrote:
> Not too sure what's going on here...  I'm about to upgrade to apache 2.0.39
> (I'm on a devel machine, teh u/g wasn't too urgent from 2.0.36)
>
> For the next semi official release of apreq, is this patch that was posted to
> the mailing list the thing to use now, or are we waiting for some inclusion
> into a soon to come version of apache?  Just wondering whether I should apply
> that new patch or wait..  currently I'm in no hurry to upgrade, I'm using a
> patched version that was posted by stas about a month ago and has the same
> interfaces that are int he posted /h files.

As Joe has stated in the post prior to sending the URLs of the patches,
the purpose was to get the feedback and it's possible that the API will
still change a bit. Notice that Joe changed things quite a lot since my
first port, but mostly internally.

I suppose that when the feedback period will be over (haven't seen any
feedback so far) the next stage will be to propose at dev@httpd to
include apreq2 in the core, and depending on the outcome of the proposal
apreq2 will be either a part of httpd or released as a new package. I
also suppose that in any case the API will stay in the alpha/beta stage
until before httpd-2.0 is released.