httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: apreq-2
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:20:10 GMT
Issac Goldstand wrote:
> I like the way you split it up - but how are you going to keep the
> Perl/Tcl/(Any future stuff) layers in sync with the C layer?  Every time
> there's a new Apache you'll release a new bunch of tgzs with them?  Can you
> try to fill me in a bit?  Otherwise, I *love* the idea :-)

Not in mod_perl. Once apreq gets integrated into httpd-2.0, it becomes
httpd-2.0. So mod_perl-2.0 autogenerates the glue Perl code just like it
does for the rest of the apr_ and ap_ APIs. Apache::Request becomes an
integral part of mod_perl and you get the updates automatically every
time mod_perl is released.

I don't know about Tcl.

The main issue with integrating apreq with 2.0 is the reluctance of the
httpd-dev people to accept it based on my preliminary asking around.
Therefore we need a support from other projects like Tcl, before we can
start pushing for the integration.

And most important: we need to come up with good arguments why httpd
should want to absorb apreq. Let's here your arguments.

Are there any other projects using the C apreq API?