httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Moore-Oliva <chatg...@mediapow.com>
Subject Re: apreq-2 patches
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:53:47 GMT
Argument for including apreq into the httpd core...

A lot of posts have been made on the modules board about how to do things like
retrieve POST data...  I believe that if apreq is included into the apreq
core, it will facilitate more development in C...

The way I see it, Perl, tcl etc etc are all trying to make life easier to
apache module developers...  why not make life easier for the C developers
too?  I think that the adoption of perl modules over C was greatly influenced
by the lack of knowledge of the libapreq api...

One more argument to add to this...  (since you wanted as many as we could
think of :) If we get more people developing in C, wouldn't it be logical to
think that there would then be more people accessing the C API, and therefore
probably producing more people to help make bugfixes or improvements to
apache itself which is written in C?

Just my two cents.

Josh.