httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Streamline support for Mac OS X?
Date Sat, 11 May 2002 01:22:55 GMT
Ensign Yu <ensignyu@yahoo.com> writes:

> I've sucessfully run Slash on Mac OS X. The major
> factor blocking Slash from being used on Mac OS X is
> libapreq, which didn't work for me without
> modifications due to multiple defined symbols.
>
> I used stock apache 1.3.22 and the latest release of
> mod_perl, and some version of libapreq-1.0 (not the
> one that requires modification to apache). I used the
> shared library trick to prevent the symbol collision.

AFAIK, you're the very first person that's made
this work on OS/X.

> However, I've had to manually edit the configure
> script and I'm wondering if there will be a more
> streamlined approach that will make it easier to
> install Slash on OS X.

You seem to know what needs fixing; would
you be willing to help with that?

> Main problem was that configure doesn't recognize
> powerpc-apple-darwin5.4. Configure _does_ recognize
> powerpc-apple-macosten, but ltconfig doesn't. In
> reverse, ltconfig recognizes darwin but not macosten.
> This is probably just an autoconf problem, but if the
> configure script were newer, it might make things
> easier.
>
> Also, how do I pass options to Makefile.PL? I ended up
> just editing Makefile.PL to link as dynamic.

On linux, the linking seems to happen automagically
(IOW no need to mess with Makefile.PL; if there's
a shared libapreq installed, gcc will use it
instead of the static one built by perl).  Specifically,
what did you need to change?  A diff of your whole
httpd-apreq tree also might help.

Thanks.
--
Joe Schaefer