httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Combes, Chris M." <ccom...@northropgrumman.com>
Subject Compiling libapreq with 'cc'
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 15:09:59 GMT
Hello,

I need to compile libapreq using 'cc' and not 'gcc', under HP-UX.11.0.

I get a "too many arguments error" during the make process.

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -I/h/projects/mirror/include/apache -g -O2 -Wp,-MD,.deps/apache_cookie.pp
-c
apache_cookie.c
cc: warning 422: Unknown option "2" ignored.
cpp: error 3: Too many arguments to cpp.

I'm not well versed in the makefile process, but I am learning as I can.

I understand the -M argument defines dependencies for makefiles.

If I change the
-MD,.deps.apache_cookie.pp
-M.deps.apache_cookie.pp

it yields a partial compile, but doesn't created the shared library.

Is there something simple I can change to get it to work?
What can I change from the download itself to support 'cc'?

I need to get this library to compile.

Any help appreciated,
Chris