httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: starting apreq 2.0
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:31:18 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> OK, I've started porting the apreq as an in-core httpd-2.0 library
> first. Got the first foo?test=good working over mod_example :)
>
> Most of the pain to start with was to figure out how all the libtool
> setup works within httpd-2.0. It seems that it's almost ok now.
>
> Once this library is in httpd-2.0, the Perl glue will come as a part of
> modperl-2.0, therefore it's most likely that we won't need httpd-apreq
> rep for 2.0. (assuming that httpd folks accept this library in core)
>
> will keep you posted as I get a chance to work more on this library.

Great!  A few days ago, I noticed that apr(util?) supports apache-1 tables
and arrays, so it should be a simple matter of porting (tm) the ap_*
prefixes to apr_ ones.  I also tried to figure out how the new modperl 2
"glue" works (Request.xs uses xsubpp), but I couldn't find enough doc's
that explained the process.  It should be a lot clearer to me after you
get it working :-)

--
Joe Schaefer