httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject porting apreq to 2.0: phase one completed
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:42:26 GMT
I've ported the apreq's request interface, so now request processing and
upload are tested to work with 2.0. I call this phase one.

Phase two is to figure out all the libtool details, and establish proper
.h files.

Phase three is to complete the cookie interface. (which I'll work on in
parallel with phase two)

These are all phases related only to the c code. The Perl glue writing
will start when apreq will be committed into the core (hopefully).

Since phase 2 is not completed, currently I've a problem to statically
link the library to httpd, so I've used a hack of using libapreq in
mod_example and then compiling mod_example statically automagically
links libapreq to httpd. So don't get surprised that my patch modifies
mod_example :)

That's where I need most of the help,

To try my port

download the patch
http://www.apache.org/~stas/apreq/apreq.patch
apply it at the httpd-2.0 base dir and build as explained in BUILD

I've written two tests for httpd-test (where I've tested the upload and
request basic interfaces). To run the tests, get the httpd-test cvs rep,
then

cd perl-framework

download http://www.apache.org/~stas/apreq/httpd-test-apreq.patch
and apply it.

Now run:

perl Makefile.PL -apxs /home/stas/httpd/prefork-apreq/bin/apxs

(adjust the path to apxs)

and 'make test'

see if 'apreq/upload' and 'apreq/request' tests pass.

Currently I have these questions:

* should apreq functions use the APREQ_DECLARE_* as in AP/APR/APU?

   #define AP_DECLARE(type)            __declspec(dllimport) type __stdcall
   #define AP_DECLARE_NONSTD(type)     __declspec(dllimport) type
   #define AP_DECLARE_DATA             __declspec(dllimport)

* how to properly link it statically

* should it be possible to compile this library as a shared libapreq.so?

Can somebody work with me to solve the libtool configuration problem so
I won't need the mod_example hack?