httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: autoconf support?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:55:22 GMT
Jim Winstead <jimw@apache.org> writes:

> setting the library version number is described at:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_88.html#SEC88
>
> as it explains, the number uses on the library is not meant to be
> related to the release version. it's simply used by the runtime loader.

IMO, the point of calling this release of libapreq "version 1.x" is
that we are settling on a fixed C API.  That interface *should* match
the major release number.  The minor number and age needn't be synced
with the release, but the major number "aka the current interface"
SHOULD.  For instance, see

  http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_91.html#SEC91

It seems to me that all we're really missing is some

  -version-info 1:0:0

setting somewhere.

--
Joe Schaefer