httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
Subject Re: code style question
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:08:01 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe+apache@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> > What is up with all the reworking of the code style?

> > -       if (c->values) {
> > +
> > +       if (c->values)
> >             c->values->nelts = 0;
> > -       }
> > -       else {
> > +       else
> >             c->values = ap_make_array(r->pool, 4, sizeof(char *));
> > -       }

> > This is not the Apache style...

> ??? Here's gnu indent on "if(foo)bar;" using the flags from

>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/styleguide.html

>   % echo "if(foo)bar;" | indent -st -i4 -npsl -di0 -br -nce -d0 -cli0 \
>   -npcs -nfc1
>   if (foo)
>       bar;

Sure, but according to that page, it seems as if if's and the like are
always followed by braces.  Nothing to be fanatical about, but I don't
think it hurts.  What seemed odd is that someone went through and took
them all out (rather than, say, leaving it as it was).

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/