httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [patch] starting the test suite
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:32:22 GMT
I've added a basic test framework based on Apache::Test framework coming
with httpd-test rep (which works with apache-1.3 and httpd-2.0 and not
only perl modules, but all httpd modules). I've added just a few tests,
let me know if that's the way to go. Currently I test only the Perl
glue, but we can test the C modules as well. See how httpd-test rep does
that with Apache::Test.

Here are the steps to try my patch:

   cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
(password is "anoncvs"):
   cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co httpd-apreq
   cd httpd-apreq
   cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co
apachetest-alias
   patch -p0 < ~/patch
   mkdir t/conf

If httpd is built as DSO, run:

   perl Makefile.PL -apxs ~/httpd/1.3/bin/apxs
   make && make test

If static, run:

   perl Makefile.PL -httpd ~/httpd/1.3/bin/httpd
   make && make test

Of course mod_perl has to be built into httpd or compiled as a DSO module.

As for Apache-Test rep, we can distribute it with apreq, simply ask
Brian to adjust /home/cvs/modules to have:

httpd-apreq   httpd-apreq &apachetest-alias

BTW, the documentation for Apache::Test is going to be released soonish
on the new mod_perl site. Meanwhile you can grab it from this location
which is tmp:
http://www.apache.org/~stas/modperl-site/docs/2.0/devel/testing/testing.html

p.s. as a sidenote, I'm coding using Apache style standards, i.e. 4
chars indent, etc. I guess it's OK with you since we want to have it
eventually integrated with httpd-core. So it's better to have it
httpd-style in first place.