httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: autoconf support?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 07:41:45 GMT
Jim Winstead wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:23:54PM -0500, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>>What do you think about putting together a test distribution from
>>the current CVS?  That way at least we can test everything out,
>>including the autoconf support.
>>

> give http://www.apache.org/~jimw/libapreq-1.0.tar.gz a spin.
>
> i'll make it available on cpan and httpd.apache.org/apreq on thursday
> with a few +1s.

That's the cvs version, right?

If so here are a few problems:

If running 'perl Makefile.PL' after 'make clean':

perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
	Makefile.in
	c/Makefile.in
Please inform the author.

---
INSTALL describes how to build without perl:

To build libapreq without the Makefile.PL, run:

  ./configure [--with-apache-includes=DIR] && make

but it doesn't work in cvs version, because one needs to run 'autoconf'
to create ./configure. Can we add this note to INSTALL?

nevertheless it fails with:

% ./configure --with-apache-includes=~/httpd/1.3/include
[...]
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
sed: can't read ./Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating c/Makefile
sed: can't read ./c/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
creating c/libapreq_config.h
c/libapreq_config.h is unchanged