httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: proposed 2.0 features/layout (was Re: starting apreq 2.0)
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 02:18:46 GMT
Issac Goldstand <margol@beamartyr.net> writes:

> So "prebundled" parses methods (multipart/form-data and
> application/www-form-urlencoded) will be included in bundled .c files
> and called when libapreq is started, or what?

More or less- the prebundled parsers should get loaded into
the apreq struct's dispatch table as part of its initialization-
that job belongs to apreq_request_new().  A user (by that
I mean C module programmer), could add more, override those,
or just leave well-enough alone.

Besides being more flexible than the current stuff, it should
make debugging parser errors a whole lot easier.  For instance,
we actually parse multipart/form-data using LF as end-of-line
marker; that's due to the various bugs with IE 3 & 5 on the Mac.
If some future vendor screws up a future format, a user (or us)
can easily drop in a parser replacement, and we/they can even
arrange to have it done on a per-request (IOW per-browser) basis.

--
Joe Schaefer