httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 in CVS?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:28:15 GMT
Jim Winstead <jimw@apache.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 07:25:05AM -0500, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> > The most recent patches were doc patches, mainly for Request.pm and
> > Cookie.pm (and the ToDo). The INSTALL document is probably wrong wrt autoconf
> > support- we don't currently include a working ./configure script.  I put
> > some text in README to help C programmers roll their own libapreq.a, but
> > it's hardly an optimal solution.
>
> running automake/autoconf is part of the release/tarball process. since
> it is a generated file, configure is not checked into cvs.
>
> 0.33 included what should be a working configure script.

Thanks; we probably need to backout the most recent changes I made to
MANIFEST then (I commented out a few lines to shut perl up about missing
files).  Also some of the README text I added regarding a C build probably
should be elided as well.

I just tried to build a copy of libapreq-0.33 I downloaded from CPAN,
using

  % ./configure
  % make
  cd . && aclocal
  cd . && automake --foreign Makefile
  automake: configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
  make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
  %

There's a symlink from ./missing to /usr/local/share/automake/missing in
apreq's main directory, but there is no such file on my system (a RH Linux
derivative).  Relinking it to /usr/share/automake/missing (which is
where RH installed it) seems to work as expected.  Is there an easy fix
for this, or should we document the potential problem instead?

I haven't tested the resulting libraries at all- just the build
process.

--
Joe Schaefer