httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: starting apreq 2.0
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:03:13 GMT
Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:

> I guess you haven't seen what Doug has done to modperl 2.0, regarding
> mapping C code to Perl :) It's so slick! Almost no code to glue a huge API.

No, I haven't.  I've tried to remain completely 2.* ignorant until now.
I do need to spend some time getting up to speed with both apache and modperl.

> >>In any case I think we could make the Perl/XS code as a part of modperl
> >>and build it if libapreq is installed.
> >>

> > Agreed, but I'd like to see our (future) work on the C API get bundled
> > somehow into the standard apache distribution; shipping a separate libapreq
> > extension library IMO overcomplicates things for an end-user.  I think
> > they should be able to "turn on" apreq in their apache source tree and
> > then configure mod_whatever to just use it.
>
> OK, so let's do things one by one, can you please ask httpd-dev list to
> consider to include apreq in httpd distro? Once we resolve this issue,
> it's makes things easier.

If we're talking about apreq 2.0, I'm more than a little uncomfortable
asking for the httpd-dev folks to include our work without having
anything to show them.  In any case, I'd like to hear what others, and
especially Jim, think about the direction we should take with respect
to distribution of the C library.

--
Joe Schaefer