httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: 5005thread patch (was Re: make failure for Apache::Request)
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:36:21 GMT
"Issac Goldstand" <margol@beamartyr.net> writes:

> If tests are to be added, lets try to improve on the httpd portion of it.
> Apache::SSI's suite, for example, NEVER works for me when I have DSOs
> on my  server.  mod_perl doesn't even support the test suite for a DSO
> (at least not when built via apxs).  IMHO, the first step towards
> doing this would be  to make an Apache::Test or Test::Apache module
> (namespace varying based on how you look at it's functionality - I
> personally think Test::Apache is more appropriate, simply because it
> shows that the module is part of Test, and not another mod_perl
> module).  I'm not voulenteering, mostly for lack of time, but that's
> my $0.02.
>
>   Issac
>
> PS - Apache::UploadMeter is now on CPAN.  The current distribution of it
> comes bundled with a patch against libapreq-0.33  That's really, really,
> really ugly.  Perhaps libapreq-0.34 is in order to at least get bug-fixes
> out?

I'm pretty sure the ActiveState version of libapreq was upgraded to a
recent CVS version, which I believe includes your patch as well.  Maybe
you should mention that in your documentation for Apache::UploadMeter.

Maybe adding a functional test suite can be incorporated post-1.0
release, since I agree that getting a decent and _portable_ one will
not be very easy.  I really think the current CVS is stable enough to
warrant a 1.X rating.  (In particular, I don't see anybody arguing for
API changes anymore.)  Now that it's aparently possible to run with
5005threads, IMO the major outstanding issue is Mac OSX support.  But
from what little I remember about the problem, I'd be content with
listing it as a bug until someone figures out a decent workaround for
it.

--
Joe Schaefer