httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject starting apreq 2.0
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:21:01 GMT
OK, let's start working on the porting plan. Since I'm not familiar with
apreq-1.0 internals I'll try to catch up as we go.

The first issues is are infrastructure questions:

- should apreq-2.0 cvs rep be created, similar to modperl-2.0 and httpd-2.0?

- Should there be a separate set of mailing lists? (Since I've just
joined I don't know how heavy is the traffic and whether it worth the
split). Since httpd and modperl didn't I guess there is no need for a
new dev list, though may be we need a new -cvs list. apreq-2.0-cvs?

BTW, how many people are currently working actively on this library?

Since I'm mostly interested in Apache::Request for modperl-2.0, and may
be it's best discussed on the modperl dev list, but should
Apache::Request (the Perl glue) be an integral part of mod_perl? Or as
an add-on module, like it is now? I guess we could make it a part of
mod_perl if apreq was distributed together with httpd.

I want Apache::Request (not libapreq) to be a part of modperl-2.0,
because it features WrapXS which makes it very easy to write XS wrappers
for the C APIs. Gerald started working on splitting WrapXS into its own
project so it could be reused outside modperl build, but I didn't hear
the status update for a long time.

In any case I think we could make the Perl/XS code as a part of modperl
and build it if libapreq is installed.