httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Winstead <j...@trainedmonkey.com>
Subject Re: prepared 0.32 for release
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 02:22:11 GMT
On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 06:25:05PM -0500, Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Jim Winstead wrote:
>
> > so what's the verdict? my system is way too vanilla for this
> > problem. obviously the define of PerlIO_importFILE is wrong (and
> > i backed it out). is just undefining PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS going to be
> > safe, or will there need to be a more esoteric check for activeperl?
>
> I wonder if this is a problem just with ActivePerl, or is
> it more to do with something related to PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS?
> I don't have access to a unix perl with PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
> defined though to check this out ...

well, it looks like PerlIO_importFILE just simply may not be
available when PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS is defined. i don't see how
Apache::Upload::fh can be implemented without it, so we may
just need to stub out that function when it is defined.

(the same thing happens when sfio is being used, although at
least then a dummy PerlIO_importFILE function is implemented
that croaks. with a typo in the error message. :)

jim