httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Upload Hook
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:48:55 GMT
davidw@apache.org (David N. Welton) writes:

> So, are any of you perl guys interested in this or not?  Does it look
> like a decent way of doing things?  Any changes you'd like?  If not,
> I'll go ahead and commit it, I guess.

It sounds like a good idea, but it's not clear to me how to make use
of the hooks as you have set them up.

1) How does the user install a hook, in C say? How do they do it in tcl?
2) How/why are they a property of each upload object? Can I install
   different hooks for two different files in the same request? If so,
   how?
3) How does a single hook know when one file's data has ended and
   another file's contents have begun?

I'm working on some changes to the Upload objects to provide the
temp file's name (similar to mkstemp), which is something you also
talked about doing a while ago.  Maybe we should flesh out the
pros/cons of each before committing?

--
Joe Schaefer