httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Upload Hook
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:02:50 GMT
Joe Schaefer <joe@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> davidw@apache.org (David N. Welton) writes:
>
> > So, are any of you perl guys interested in this or not?  Does it look
> > like a decent way of doing things?  Any changes you'd like?  If not,
> > I'll go ahead and commit it, I guess.
>
> It sounds like a good idea, but it's not clear to me how to make use
> of the hooks as you have set them up.

I took another look at your patch, and I see now that I was
confused. Your hook is on the request object, *not* on the
upload object.  Questions 1 is obvious now, and 2 isn't directly
relevant, sorry about that.

> 1) How does the user install a hook, in C say? How do they do it in tcl?
>
> 2) How/why are they a property of each upload object? Can I install
>    different hooks for two different files in the same request? If so,
>    how?
> 3) How does a single hook know when one file's data has ended and
>    another file's contents have begun?

I still don't understand how to deal with Question 3.  What happens
when a single request uploads two files? How are the contents
distinguished- via upload->size or something?

--
Joe Schaefer