httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From "Randy Kobes" <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Ready to go?
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2001 02:08:41 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Winstead" <jimw@apache.org>
To: "Matt Sergeant" <matt@sergeant.org>
Cc: <apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org>; "Randy Kobes"
<randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: Ready to go?

> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 09:03:04AM +0000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> > Is the libapreq release ready to go now mod_perl 1.25 is out?
>
> i put an updated snapshot of libapreq from cvs at
> http://www.apache.org/~jimw/httpd-apreq-20010202.tar.gz. if i could
> get a few people to double-check that it compiles for them with 1.25
> (particularly under win32), i'll go ahead and put out 0.32.
>
> jim

Hi,
    On Win32 the attached patch is needed to get rid of some warnings
and fatal errors concerning certain symbols ...
     There's also a problem with an unresolved external symbol
_PerlIO_importFILE with ActivePerl 6xx, but not
with another Win32 perl I have that was compiled without fork
emulation. The difference seems to be the presence of
PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS - if I put into Request/Request.xs the line
    #undef PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
then it compiles fine on ActivePerl. Workarounds might be to
put something like the following at the top of Request/Request.xs:

#ifdef WIN32
#ifdef PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
#undef PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
#endif
#endif

However, I'm not sure if this is the right way, or even if
it's only a problem with Win32 .... Another way might be to
define PerlIO_importFILE, if it's not defined, as is done in
Request/Request.xs at line 97 for when PerlIO is not defined.

Finally, since when I last looked at it, an additional symbol
from the mod_perl lib is required. For this, one must add, in
the mod_perl sources, the line
      hvrv2table
at the end of src/modules/win32/mod_perl.def to get this
included in the mod_perl lib.

With these changes, the request and cookie tests of
mod_perl pass (mod_perl-1.25 and apache_1.3.17,
on ActivePerl 620).

best regards,
randy